Thursday 18 July 2013

Traveller's Tales...

Styal, Cheshire

Yesterday Mo had a half day at work as his new motorbike was ready for collection. I took him to pick it up from Hunt's Motorcycles in Didsbury, and on the way back we stopped off at Quarry Bank Mill in Styal for a wander around. I was quite glad, as it also meant I got to watch Mo on his maiden voyage so I wasn't quite so nervous about him riding around on it!

We arrived at around 4pm, and the weather was still fine. I am a National Trust member so it was free for me to park, and it was only £2 for Mo's bike, so not too bad. First stop was the cafe for a drink and I had a caramel slice that was delicious, although it was rather pricey - £4.40 for the drink and cake, so I wouldn't rush back!

We did a decent walk past the weir and into the woods, there were a lot of midges around, but at least the hot weather meant there was no mud or rain to contend with, and it was very pleasant. There were plenty of areas with logs to sit on for a rest if you were to do a longer walk, the heat put us off going much further than we did as we were boiling!


We got to a point and turned back as we were unsure how long a full circuit would be, and then once we were back at the main mill and waterwheel, we sat on the grass for a bit as it was really peaceful with noone else around. Shortly afterwards we headed back to mine, where we got a calzone from my local takeaway, it was huge, but so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment