Saturday 5 April 2014

New Tastes...

Byron Burger, Manchester

Last night a group of us wanted to go out somewhere for dinner and a couple of drinks, so I suggested Byron Burger, on Deansgate in Manchester. It is always rammed when I walk past, and has a sort of 50s vibe going on, so after looking at the menu (pretty cheap) I thought it was a good choice.

We booked a table for 8 people with no problem, and ordered some drinks whilst perusing the menu. It is quite limited, but I like this as it shows that in theory, what they make should be top notch. I have been to a few burger places recently and if truth be told, I'm not even a huge fan of them (hell knows why I chose the restaurant!) so I decided to be different and went for the veggie burger. 

It had a huge portabello mushroom, pepper, tomato, spinach, red onion and aioli on, and was supposed to be goats cheese, but I swapped it for some Monterey Jack instead. I really enjoyed it, and got the skin-on fries as a side, which were really tasty. We shared a bottle of wine and all the guys had beers, so we just split the bill for ease, with a tip it came to just over £20 each, which I thought was decent for what we had.

Afterwards we went to a new cocktail bar with a similar vibe to Alchemist called Elixir on Deansgate for a couple of drinks, before moving on to Liars Club, a last minute decision as I missed the last train, so thought I might as well stay out late if I was forking out £25 for a taxi home! It was a really fun night, a good distraction from the monotonies of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment