Tuesday 15 July 2014

Travellers' Tales...


NYC - Part 5 (Mon & Tues)

On Monday morning we woke and went and got breakfast in the hotel, then I dropped Aum off and got a cab back there. After a run, I got ready and chilled in the room. I spoke to Mo who was back from the stag do, seems he had a great (drunken) time!

I summoned up some energy and walked to the local Target and spent £18 on American food to bring home! I got Poptarts, Lucky Charms, M&Ms in cool flavours, Reese's and Hershey's ice cream sauce and grape flavoured Jell-O, excited to share it all with people once I'm back!

I picked Aum up and we had a rest back in the hotel before going out for some dinner at a local Indian restaurant called Raaz. I am always dubious about getting Indian/ Chinese etc abroad, but this place was awesome - I had a delicious lamb rogan josh with roti, followed by gulab jamun. The kids portion was perfect for Aum, and he got to have a mango lassi which he loved. We got a cab back home as it had started to rain, and a lightning and thunder storm erupted when we got back to the hotel!

Today after the school run I went straight into Manhattan on the PATH and walked to the High Line which I had a walk along and took some photos. There was a photography student up there who asked to take my photo as she liked my outfit which was flattering! 

I stopped in a Starbucks for a while, and then wandered around Greenwich and Soho for a while. I had a consultation for my tattoo at Kings Avenue Tattoo Parlour, where I paid my deposit ($100) and discussed my ideas with them - including an awful sketch I'd done which they were able to rework!

Afterwards an AWFUL storm hit - I had pale trousers on that turned see-through up to my thighs and my shoes squelched as I walked, despite using an umbrella! I got back to the hotel, ate a spinach and chicken wrap that was in a green tortilla (!) and got changed before popping a bag for Aum round to his aunties apartment as he is having a sleepover there tonight (the storm has made doing anything pretty limited!).

I have just bought some supplies from Starbucks, and have given Mo a call, now I intend to stay in my room all evening eating and watching Snowpiercer, which I have wanted to see for ages. A well deserved chill out night I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment