Thursday 21 June 2012

Homemade Recipes!

Spanish Style Chicken Casserole

Last night, Sam came to my house for tea, and with my parents currently on holiday, I thought I'd cook something nice so that Jasmine and I are getting some decent sustenance! I started by frying cut up chicken breasts in olive oil until they were browned. I then added onion and did the same.

Next, I added a tin of chopped tomatoes, a glass of dry white wine, half a teaspoon of garlic paste, a squirt of tomato puree, a pinch of oregano and seasoned with salt and pepper. I left this concoction bubbling for about half an hour while I set the table and then enjoyed a glass of wine (well, it was already open!).

Five minutes before serving I added some prawns and salami that I roughly pulled apart. The recipe that I was vaguely following said to use chorizo, but I didn't have any! I served it with rice and it went down a treat.

With this being a Spanish dish as it has aspects of paella in it, you could also add some red onion, chilli or peppers - in fact, you could add or leave out whatever you want based on preferences, which is what makes this such a great versatile meal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment