Friday 22 June 2012

Recent Purchases

Kurt Geiger, Cath Kidston & Fossil!

As there isn't much for me to blog about this week, I thought I would do a more picture based post for a change showcasing my latest retail therapy splurges. I feel like I have bought quite a few items of clothing gradually over the past few months, mainly due to a change in weather (my sandals and summerwear were so last year!) and an upcoming holiday to Benicassim festival in Spain. It also helps that I have a much healthier bank balance than when I was a student, so can afford to replace some of the staple pieces that were looking rather tatty - mainly heels - and hell, just to treat myself now and again.

My first buy this week was a pair of insanely high Kurt Geiger shoes. I have a pair of KGs already, bought a few years ago from Cheshire Oaks, so I knew that a size 6 would be a perfect fit. They make me about six foot tall which is amazing, even if they do make me taller than Sam! I got them for just £39 reduced from £130 as a late birthday present from Mum and Dad, thanks to Money Saving Expert for alerting me to the more than 50% off sale!

My second purchase was a cute little Cath Kidston bag bought with some of my Selfridges vouchers that I received from my lovely colleagues at the pub. It is plastic coated and a decent size, so I am intending using it as a beach bag/ nannying bag. It is just one big compartment except for a little pocket that is perfectly sized for a camera/ iPod/ phone, so should do well for Beni! It was only £14 in the sale too.

My third and final (for now) newest item was bought off eBay. It is a pair of 50s style cats eye sunglasses by Fossil. I found some similar ones at Cheshire Oaks and loved them, but had already spent quite a lot and didn't want to part with another £50, so I reluctantly left the shop. I am glad I did now though as I won these babies for only £23 including postage. I really like them as I have found a lot of the cat eye style ones are a little OTT, and I don't want to look like Edna Everage!

I think from this post that you can probably tell I am a bit of a bargain hunter, and my friends know me for it (and are a little jealous!). My thrifty services are available whenever the shops are open!

No comments:

Post a Comment