Sunday 17 June 2012

Weekly Update!

Bargains, Birthdays & Father's Day!

As is evident from previous posts, this week was my birthday, and so aside from celebrating that (copiously!), not a lot went on this week. I went to the Trafford Centre on Wednesday with my parents to get my present (a bargain Karen Millen purse) and we had tea at Las Iguanas. As it was my birthday I got a free main course, and a free cocktail which I thought was really good. 

I chose the Xin Xim as my main, described on the menu as, 'Exotic, creamy, satisfying. Lime chicken in a crayfish & peanut sauce with rice & fine green beans. Toasted coconut farofa to sprinkle, sweet plantains for fun. Pele loves it.' It was delicious and I loved the unusual way it was presented - in a clay bowl for me to serve myself. I had a dessert as well, the creamy caramel cake, and mum got the aztec chocolate fudge cake and we shared them both. Mine was amazing, layers of sticky cake sandwiched with dulche du leche and served with blueberries - yum!

On Friday we had a chilled night in, with a takeaway from Man Zen, and I popped home to see my sister Jasmine arrive back from university which was nice. On Saturday I worked and then had a hockey ball (see previous post) and today it is my dad's 50th birthday as well as Father's Day, so we went for a meal at Francs in Altrincham with some family friends. It was a set menu, I had mushrooms cooked in a tomato sauce with Gruyère cheese, followed by roasted lamb with potatoes and vegetables, and finally blueberry frangipane with vanilla ice cream, which I cannot commend highly enough!


I am just about to head off to Sam's now for the end of a tea party his mum has put on for the family, so will no doubt be eating more food - it has been an indulgent week!

1 comment:

  1. Love all the food pictures! Making me sooo hungry at work :)

    http://seekvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete