Sunday 30 September 2012

Weekly Update!

Bargains and Black Forest Eton Mess!

Weekdays this week were a little slow. I had lunch at Costa on Monday with the girls, and then worked at the pub in the evening where I had my usual pad thai noodles. I got to finish a little earlier than normal as we were really quiet, which was a bonus as I was so tired from the weekend! I didn't do anything on Tuesday, and on Wednesday I was babysitting until 10pm so slept pretty much as soon as I came in. On Thursday I went for a quick coffee at Abi's while Aum played football after school, and then had a nice chilled evening which included a deep hot bath now it's getting so cold during the days!

On Friday I went shopping in Altrincham with my mum, I got some amazing bargains! I got a knitted houndstooth check dress for £10, and a sheer houndstooth check sleeveless blouse dress for £15, both in the River Island sale. In the evening I had my eyebrows dyed again - it's been a revelation! Then I went to a gig and for a night in Manchester (see previous post). 

On Saturday I worked at the pub - my last Saturday shift ever, woop! - and then I went shopping at the Trafford Centre with my mum. I was looking for a nice formal winter coat from somewhere like Karen Millen or French Connection, but I couldn't find one that I really liked. I settled for a pair of citrine coloured skinny jeans from Forever 21 - they are definitely a statement! We had tea at Spud-u-like as we weren't feeling hungry enough for a full meal, and then went home at about half nine as we were both dead on our feet. It is the first Saturday night I'd had in for absolutely ages, but it was actually really nice to just veg out in front of the TV and have an early night - I'm clearly getting old!

Today when I woke up I didn't have anything planned so lay in until 11am, but then I got a text from Tasha asking if I fancied lunch, so I got ready and we drove to the Alderley Grill. 

Although we didn't intend to, we had a full three course meal and wine, and ended up staying for over two hours having a good chatter which was fun. I had asparagus with hollandaise sauce and a poached egg for starter, followed by smoked haddock risotto and then a Black Forest Eton mess which was amazing. It had brownies at the bottom, topped with alcohol soaked cherries, meringue balls, cream, chocolate ice cream and chocolate covered popping candy! Considering I normally end up in bed all day on Sundays with a hangover, it was a pleasant change to get out of the house and enjoy some social interaction!

No comments:

Post a Comment