Tuesday 24 December 2013

Flat Part 1!

Progress

After feeling helpless all last week, having the keys to my flat at my disposal yet not having flooring etc to put down, this week has been great in terms of progress, and the place is finally starting to feel like a real home. Over the weekend the carpets were all fitted, turning cold, unwelcoming rooms into liveable spaces, and yesterday my sofas arrived, which I am absolutely thrilled with, they are a great feature to the room as they are a bold colour, yet don't look too OTT.

Despite the lack of furniture, I still put up a Christmas tree to get into the spirit of things, but I am very much looking forward to a proper effort next year when I am actually living in it. 

Both bathrooms floors have been tiled, and are just waiting to be grouted, so I have been able to start moving some of my stuff into the flat so it is done in stages and not one mammoth haul.

After Christmas I am expecting my fridge, and will be ordering wardrobes, a TV, and putting my bed together, as well as painting my bedroom and wallpapering the hallway. I can't wait to get on with it all in my two weeks off!


No comments:

Post a Comment