Sunday 15 December 2013

Weekly Update!

Moose, Giraffe & Blackdog! 

This week was supposed to start with a meeting at the new flat, but as usual it is still running behind time, so I went for a coffee with Abi instead. I got to finish work a little early, so went to Mo's as he'd had the day off work. We had moussaka for tea and watched Alpha Papa, the latest Steve Coogan film, which was really good. For the whole of this week I have had Aum's cousin Uma to look after as she has finished for Christmas already, which though it has stopped me getting jobs done and going to the gym, it has been quite nice having another girl around. 


On Tuesday I took her for lunch at the Cake Gallery, where we both had tomato and basil soup with bread, and I got a slice of lemon drizzle cake for dessert. In the evening we went to the Country Club for a swim whilst Aum had his lesson, then ate there as usual. They have just introduced a new menu (prices have gone up a little, but then it was very cheap to begin with!) so I tried the Black Dragon sushi roll (Tempura crab, snow crab delight, cucumber, avocado and eel), which was up to the usual high standard, and it is great that they have new dishes just as I was starting to exhaust them!

On Wednesday I went to the new bar in Hale, Moose, with the girls (see previous post) and on Thursday I braved the Trafford Centre with Uma for some Christmas shopping. We had lunch in Giraffe, I chose the chicken nacho burger which was really good value and a great portion size for a bite at lunch. Friday was an exciting day as I finally got the keys to my flat - expect constant updates now! - and in the evening I babysat until 1.30am as it was Mo and Anjali's Christmas party.  

On Saturday I was up bright and early to have my tiles fitted in my bathrooms, it took all day but they look awesome and were worth being stuck in a flat with no entertainment for a few hours (the rest of the time was spent at IKEA with Mum). In the evening I went to Mo's for a house party his flatmate was throwing for Christmas, and we went out to Blackdog Ballroom afterwards, not that I can remember! Sunday was spent recovering with Rusholme takeaway and Iceland party nibbles!

No comments:

Post a Comment