Sunday 29 December 2013

Weekly Update!

Festive Festivities, Leamington & Curry!

This was the first of two weeks off, and contained Christmas, so was a pretty good week! On Monday my new sofas were delivered, which look really cool, and on Tuesday I dragged myself to the gym for a final spinning class before time off for the festive period, and then dyed my hair nice and red. In the evening after a tasty buffet tea with the family, Mo and I went to James and Kelly's for some predrinks and nibbles, and then we met everyone that was home in Piccolino's for some celebratory drinks, followed by Hogans before going home to sleep ready for the big day!


Christmas day was lovely (I won't witter on as the previous post is all about it!) and on Boxing Day we drove through to Yorkshire for a couple of days at my Grandparents house. All the family were there, and we had a massive buffet and opened all our presents, then Mo, Jas and I went to a little pub called The Rose & Crown in nearby Hornsea and got very drunk! It was packed and had a dancefloor and was playing some tunes - a great end to the day.

The following day I felt a bit ropey, but after some food perked up, and drove home at 3pm. We literally repacked bags and then drove to Leamington for a night with friends there. We played Articulate and drank again, and then had sausage sandwiches before leaving the next morning.

Yesterday it took us 3 1/2 hours to get home, so when we did we lounged around at Mo's for most of the rest of the day, and then went for a really good curry at the Shere Khan in Rusholme. I had a king prawn handi which had huge prawns in, and got a chapatti to dip in it. After so much English food, it was nice to have something a bit more cultured. We started watcing Breaking Bad afterwards, so good, I'm hooked already!

Today has been spent being lazy again, catching up on stuff that was neglected over Christmas (like blogging!) and we watched Don Jon which was a good view, as well as lots of Breaking Bad. An early night and detox is definitely required after so much gluttony!

No comments:

Post a Comment