Sunday 8 December 2013

New Tastes...

Cafe Rouge Take 2!

Today I went to Cafe Rouge in Leeds with Mum, Dad and Jasmine to celebrate Jas' 21st. We had £80 worth of Tesco vouchers to spend on food, so had a great feast of treats!

We started with some drinks, I got the citron presse which looks quite scientific when it arrives - it has one bottle of cloudy lemon concentrate, and another with a silver nozzle that is spring water, and you mix the two together in your glass to taste. Jasmine just got a coke, and Mum and Dad shared a bottle of house red wine.

For starter we got the sharing platter that Mo and I shared last time,  which is a mixed selection of meats, cheeses, olives and bread with dips, as well as breaded mini camembert and chilli king prawns. It was gone in a matter of minutes as we were all really hungry, the prawns had quite a kick and the cranberry syrup that came with the cheese was delicious.

Next came our mains, I got poulet Breton, which is chicken breast in a creamy mushroom, white wine and garlic sauce with courgette and leeks, served on buttery mashed potato. It was really good and hearty, just what I wanted on the hangover I had. For pudding we shared a trio of mini desserts, chocolate fondant, tarte au citron and tarte tatin. I went for the latter, which was tasty; caramelised apple in a sweet pastry base. I accompanied it with a cup of earl grey tea - lovely Sunday meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment