Sunday 22 December 2013

Weekly Update!

Bailey's & Back to Basics!

This week has been another busy one, as I had Uma to entertain again. Luckily on Monday she wasn't due to be picked up until 3pm, so I had chance to get my bed delivered as planned. I stayed at Mo's in the evening and on Tuesday I babysat and it was Aum's nativity play (see previous post). 

On Wednesday after work Dad, Jas and I went to Manchester's Christmas Markets, which were brilliant as ever. We had raspberry mulled wine, bratwurst, and these amazing things that were a brandy snap basket containing a moulded chocolate cup of Bailey's covered in whipped cream with a wafer in - delicious! Afterwards we went for a cocktail in Alchemist as a treat from Dad; I had one that tasted of parma violets and had foam on top, Jasmine's was served in conical flasks and changed colour when you mixed the two, and Dad's had a mini stove to pop popcorn on, which was then added to the top of his drink!

On Thursday Aum finished school at 12pm, so we had cake from Cake Gallery (carrot cake for me) and then went to see Frozen at Parrs Wood (see previous post). Friday was my last day at work before two weeks off, and in the evening all the girls came to the flat for a sleepover, complete with nibbles, Secret Santa and Christmas music. We had a few glasses of prosecco, chatted and had a giggle - was really nice to get everyone together for what we worked out was the first time in a year. Luckily just in time the living room floor was fitted, so we didn't quite have to sleep on concrete, but it was very basic, with wrapping paper as curtains, and no furniture except air beds!

On Saturday I spent the day organising things and then went to see Mo for a couple of hours before going out in Manchester with the girls. We all dressed up and had predrinks at Tasha's new house, then got a taxi into town where we went to Manchester House (a very swanky bar atop a tower block with amazing views of the city) and Neighbourhood. Today I have been very lazy - with no work tomorrow motivation is very low, so I had takeout pizza for lunch and stayed in pyjamas at Mo's all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment