Thursday 13 March 2014

New Tastes...

The Blue Pig, Northern Quarter

Yesterday, Mo and I met up for lunch after I had my hair cut (short!). I normally decide where we eat, as I have a long list of places in Manchester that I want to try at some point; but this time Mo had a suggestion, so we went along with that. We went to The Blue Pig in the Northern Quarter, which is French themed, and really lovely inside - full of greenery and has loads of large glass windows to watch the world go by.

During the week it has a lunchtime offer where the whole menu including specials is half price, which made the meal really reasonable, not that it is expensive full price to be honest. I chose the special which was a steak and rocket ciabatta with caramelised onion chutney; it was filled with proper strips of meat as opposed to a sandwich steak which I was impressed with. Mo got the burger, which had a huge patty in it along with red onion, blue cheese and salad, and was accompanied with some amazing half skinned chips that were seasoned to perfection. I had a latte, as was feeling a little sluggish, while Mo just stuck with a tap water, and it all came to just over £12 - bargain!

The Blue Pig is a great place for a quick bite, and I'd be interested to see what it's like in an evening, as it has a huge array of unusual spirits and a great cocktail menu, which are good ingredients to draw in a bustling crowd!

No comments:

Post a Comment