Sunday 23 March 2014

Weekly Update!


Mac 'n' Cheese, Giraffe & Lamb Dinner!

This week has been pretty quiet again, and most of what I am going to write is food related! On Tuesday at the Country Club I had the 4 in 1 plate, which had mini versions of the crunch roll, tuna kabachi (diced raw tuna) salmon sashimi (sliced raw salmon) and a chicken yakitori skewer. I love that I got to try four different items, as some I wouldn't otherwise order if they were a full portion. Mo came round on Wednesday and cooked an amazing macaroni cheese - one of his specialities! Pretty fattening so not one to have all the time, but lovely comfort food.

On Thursday I went to see Jason Derulo with Tasha, and on Friday after a nice run I got the train into Manchester and met Mo after work. The weather was gorgeous so we were going to do something outside, but it became a bit overcast and cold so we ended up chilling in his office until there was a showing on at the cinema of The Grand Budapest Hotel (see next week's post). It was on at Parr's Wood so I got the train back there and then back home afterwards, while Mo went on his motorbike. We got a spontaneous Chinese when we got home, and I had a few glasses of wine as it was my first night drinking since I gave it up for a month!

Saturday we went to the Trafford Centre for a wander, the weather was horrendous and there was a bike show on so we ended up parking in Barton Square, and getting soaked walking to the main shops! We didn't buy anything as we barely had any time, but we ate at Giraffe, where I had the two course meal deal, starting with tomato and basil soup, followed by grilled chicken paillard - a butterfly breast in mustard and tarragon butter. Mo had the Kimchi burger with cheese, bbq sauce and kimchi slaw; he said it was one of the best burgers he's ever had! I babysat that evening until quite late, and then today after a lazy day, Mo came round and we had roast lamb for dinner which was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment