Friday 21 March 2014

Spring Sounds...

Jason Derulo at Manchester Apollo

Last night, Tasha and I went to watch Jason Derulo. Abi was supposed to be coming too, but unfortunately couldn't make it. He was supported by Conor Maynard, who I am not a huge fan of, but he played all the well known tracks (R U Crazy, Can't Say No & Turn Around) so it's good to be able to say I've seen him.

Jason came on at 9pm, and put on a true show! It has been so long since I went to a proper pop concert, I forgot how fun they are. He had a set, complete with metal steps and climbing bars, light shows, backing dancers and video clips that really enhanced the experience. His dancers did everything from body popping to break dancing, and even a two piece ballet dance during one of the slower songs, which was amazing.

He really included with the audience, and at one point got members up to partake in a challenge to see how many press ups his dancers could do with someone sat on their back! I was also impressed at his live singing, to be honest when he first came on I thought he was miming (and with the amount of dancing around he did, I wouldn't have blamed him) but after a few gaps in music where you could hear it was him, and his audience interaction it became apparent it was 100% live.

He did a great mixture of all his tunes, old and new - Ridin' Solo, Whatcha' Say, In My Head, Don't Wanna Go Home, It Girl, Breathin', Fight For You, The Other Side, Talk Dirty, Marry Me, Vertigo and his latest single Stupid Love, and came back on to perform Trumpets for the encore. He also had a resident DJ on stage with him, who was playing some absolute corkers whilst Jason got changed (his dancers also had dance offs whilst this took place), to the extent that I wished it wasn't a Thursday and I wasn't driving so I could have continued the night out! I wouldn't hesitate to see him again, despite it being a total guilty pleasure, and after Abi missed out, I feel that she should definitely make up for it next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment