Wednesday 1 January 2014

New Years Eve!

Lancashire, 2013

I am writing this incredibly hungover, as I have been all day, and suspect I will be tomorrow as well! Last night was so much fun though, feeling this awful is well worth it. 

I went to a party in Lancashire hosted by my friend Luke, who I met whilst skiing with Lydia last year (he was one of our reps). He lives in a gorgeous stone farmhouse in the middle of nowhere, which was perfect as a venue, and it was a black tie affair, so everyone looked their best. 

As well as Lydia, Abi, Tasha and Srishti came as well, and it was really nice to spend it with the girls. We arrived at about 8pm, just as a beautiful pork roast was served with stuffing and apple sauce to make hog roast sandwiches - perfect to line the stomach!

There was a huge Christmas tree in the entrance hallway, which created a great backdrop for some festive group photos. I wore an olive green dress that is pretty revealing, it had plenty of tape to secure me in!

The prosecco flowed (a bit too freely!) all night, and I commandeered the stereo with my iPod, which seemed to get a good reception. I remember midnight which is a good sign, but it went downhill from there! We danced and chatted to all the other guests - it was great to get to know some new faces - until I had to be put to bed at 4am after a struggle to remove my laced up shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment