Saturday 16 March 2013

New Tastes...

Francs, Altrincham

Last night my boyfriend and I went to Francs restaurant in Altrincham. I have been a few times before and always enjoyed it, so thought I would suggest it as somewhere to go for a meal.

We booked a table for 7.45pm as there is a Bon Marche menu that runs until 8pm where you can order two courses for £12.95 - bargain! I got a glass of white wine (my first in over a month as I had given it up for Lent, but I couldn't have a gin with nice French food!) and we were brought bread and butter for the table, a little detail that I love about more traditional restaurants. 

For my starter I went for mushrooms in a creamy garlic and Gruyere cheese sauce that was delicious, whilst Mo had deep fried breaded brie with salad and chutney. I had a pork escalope type thing stuffed with cheese and ham for my main course, served with baby new potatoes and salad, that was a bit different to what I have had previously there, and didn't disappoint. Mo went for the steak (which carried a £4 supplement on the menu), but unfortunately it wasn't cooked quite to his taste, and also had peppercorn sauce poured over it rather than served in a jug on the side, so he wasn't as impressed with his! It is a shame as I really rate Francs, and it will no doubt mar his opinion of there slightly, but never mind.

The service was tip top and the atmosphere is always very cosy and welcoming, and for the two of us the bill came to just short of £40, which definitely isn't to be sniffed at!

No comments:

Post a Comment