Monday 11 March 2013

Weekly Update! (part 2)

Cousins, Chester & Catchups!

Continuing on from my last post, on Saturday my Aunty Sarah came to visit with my cousins. We didn't do anything as they only popped 'round for a couple of hours, but it was lovely to chat and hear what they had been up to. In the evening I went with Mo and Natasha to visit Hannah Gordon and her boyfriend Matt in their new flat in Chester. We got there at about half seven and had some pizzas for tea before starting the drinking! 

We got ready and left the flat at just gone half nine to go to a place called Bar Rum Bar which surprisingly sold rum. I had a Margarita cocktail, then a Long Island Ice Tea and then a double gin. Needless to say coupled with the half bottle of gin I had already consumed prior to leaving the flat, I was rather drunk, and can't actually remember a great deal of the next two bars that we went to! One was called Red Door, and the final was Cruise, a club with different levels with different music.

The following morning I felt very sorry for myself, which worsened as the day continued. We drove back at half twelve, and I had a mad rush once I got home to get ready to set off driving to Lancaster, where I was meeting my university friend Claire. I picked her up from campus where she was staying, and we went for afternoon tea at The Borough. It is the third time I have indulged in one from there, and they never fail to win me over. For only £6 you get three finger sandwiches, (ham, salmon and cucumber) a scone with jam and cream, a piece of chocolate cake, a fruit skewer, a jam finger doughnut, a pot of jelly with fruit and cream and a cup of tea. It was just what the doctor ordered for a bad mood and the hangover munchies!

On the way home I called in to see my friend Luke who I met whilst skiing over Christmas. He has moved back in with his parents in the middle of nowhere near Garstang. We drove to a cool place called Guys Thatched Hamlet, which was like a self built village and had a restaurant, pub, bar and hotel all in one! Because he was suffering too we were both hardcore and had a cup of tea and a hot chocolate, but it was nice to have a chatter and catch up. I drove home at half six, and then Mo came round for the night; it was good to have some company to chill out with whilst I was moping around!

No comments:

Post a Comment