Tuesday 14 January 2014

Flat Part 2!

Getting There!

This week has been the most progress I've made at the flat so far, so I thought I'd do another self indulgent post on what's been happening, accompanied with pictures.

My living room is basically finished now, I have a TV (Toshiba 32in Smart TV, £249 in the Tesco sale) albeit on a cardboard box as the table I want is out of stock, an extendable glass dining table (£150, Ikea) that is very swish, some champagne coloured curtains (£28, Wilko) that need a good iron, and four clear perspex dining chairs, that I got off eBay for £82 - full price in Ikea where I was looking at them, the same ones would have cost me £260! I have a microwave (£40 in Asda sale), fridge (housewarming gift off my parents) and all the usual kitchen gadgetry that make it look a lot more homely now.

Although my bathroom floors still need grouting, I put a shelving unit out of my bedroom at home in there (it is meant as a bathroom cabinet, from Ikea) so that I could display my towels and toiletries for when I had guests, that match a grey and orange colour scheme, and hung a black Gothic mirror (£25, Ikea) in there - very me. I also got French themed bathroom accessories from Asda (£3-£7) and hung my underwater pinup girl pictures that I bought from Society6 (approx £18.50 each including a glass clip frame from Wilko).

In the hallway I put up some lamp shades (£12 each, Wilko) although we had trouble with one, as it was too long so kept hitting the bathroom door when you opened it! Little has been done in the bedrooms, as they are next week's project, so I will no doubt be back in 7 days with an update again!

No comments:

Post a Comment